Cabinet signs, also known as box signs or lightbox signs, are a popular type of outdoor signage used for businesses and organizations. They are designed to be highly visible and attract attention. There are several different types of cabinet signs, each with its own unique features. Here are some of the most common types:
- Standard Cabinet Signs: These are the most basic type of cabinet signs and consist of a rectangular or square box structure with a front face made of acrylic or polycarbonate material. The front face is usually illuminated from within, providing an even and bright display of the sign’s graphics and message.
- Slim Cabinet Signs: Slim cabinet signs are thinner and sleeker than standard cabinet signs. They are designed to have a slim profile and are often used when space is limited or a more modern aesthetic is desired. They typically use LED lighting for illumination.
- Push-Through Cabinet Signs: Push-through cabinet signs feature dimensional letters or graphics that are pushed through the front face of the sign. The letters or graphics are often made of acrylic or metal and are illuminated from within the cabinet, creating a halo effect around the letters. This type of sign offers a distinctive and eye-catching appearance.
- Backlit Cabinet Signs: Backlit cabinet signs are designed to have the light source behind the sign face, which creates a vibrant and illuminated display. The light source is typically fluorescent tubes or LED modules strategically placed within the cabinet to evenly illuminate the sign face. Backlit signs are effective for nighttime visibility and can make a strong impact.
- Double-Sided Cabinet Signs: As the name suggests, double-sided cabinet signs have two sign faces, allowing them to be visible from multiple directions. They are commonly used for businesses located on street corners or in areas with heavy foot traffic. Each face of the sign can be designed with graphics and messages tailored to the specific viewing angle.
- Custom Cabinet Signs: Custom cabinet signs offer limitless design possibilities. They can be made in various shapes, sizes, and styles, allowing businesses to create a unique and personalized signage solution. Custom cabinet signs can incorporate features like cutouts, 3D elements, unique lighting effects, and specialized materials to create a visually striking sign.
It’s important to note that local sign regulations and restrictions may influence the design and installation of cabinet signs. Consulting with a professional sign manufacturer or local signage experts can help ensure compliance and create an effective and attractive cabinet sign for your specific needs.